Saturday, November 07, 2009

Journey to Africa!!

Hello Everyone!!!
WOW, This has been an amazing journey so far, We just arrived in Gahini last night after spending the afternoon in Kigali (the capital on Rwanda). God has been working in me alot so far and it has been a bit overwhelming and emotional, but in a good way!! I LOVE IT HERE!!
Today we came to the nearby town to just hang out and relax, go on the internet and so on, so that is where we are now ha ha. The flight was really long but I was actually able to sleep fairly well on the plane. When we arrived yesterday, a few of us stayed back in kigali to get a few things, that was an experience!! I felt like such an outsider and there were tons of people that try to sell you stuff. We had to get a public transit bus to get to Gahini, which was a 2 hour ride, and they PACK those buses tight!! Gahini is so beautiful!! there are lots of hills and trees and the lake is so calm it looks like glass. We all went for a dip in the lake this morning and it was so nice because it was the first time we could wash up since we left home.
I am a bit homesick but I am enjoying the experience, I want to get everything I can out of this trip. This morning in our devotional we talked about how Andrew wanted to look physically different when I got home and how that can be the same for us as we come back for our families to see a difference in us, not the physical kind although that can happen too!! That is what I want, I want to be changed !!! God has been so good so far and I know this only the beginning, I look forward to what he has planned for the rest of the trip and the rest of my life!! It's sorta funny because I was a bit worried about the bugs here but I have actually been doing really well with that so far!! Andrew, you would be proud of me forsure!!
God bless you all!!! Lots of love
Carla in AFRICA!!! woo hoo :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome babe! You just made my day! Now I want to see pictures!!! ;) Do you think we will be able to talk while you're down there? If I was thinking, I would have bought you a calling card! I don't even know what to say... I love you and I miss you lots! You're the best! Talk to you soon!
-Drewpy

Hammevision said...

Hey Carla. Good to hear you made it there safe and sound. Knowing God will have great things in store for you. As long as you don't forget to come home (y'know, in case you like it too much) - we want to see pics at Christmas. Oh - and some of those bugs DO bite ;) Take care.
Julie

dobernews said...

YAY!! Glad to hear you made it and you are doing good. I didn't think you would like the bugs much-but good to hear you are holding your own on that one!! lol
God has blessed you and you have an amazing opportunity to touch people and to be touched! CHerish this time!!
We will continue to pray for you-take care!
love much,
C

Tracy said...

Hey Poopsie! It is great to hear about your trip. I am glad you got there safe and sound. Don't worry about the bugs, you are bigger than them and will be able to squish them. I miss you hun! Love ya!